Thursday, December 5, 2013

Reasoning of the Law

After analyzing my experience and encounter with the lawyers, I assume that they might have declined answering my questions because of personal issues such as, they didn't want to be responsible for the answers that they put out or they didn't want their names to be used in my assignment. Another reason could be that they didn't have the time or want to take the time to answer the questions. I understand that to them it could feel like a waste of time because normal they would get paid for what I wanted them to do for me. "It is enormously time-consuming and expensive for companies to locate all the relevant material, separate it from irrelevant or confidential matter, and furnish it. A firm may be obligated to furnish millions of emails to the opposing party. In one recent case, a defendant had to pay 31 lawyers full time for six months just to wade through an ocean of e-documents and figure out which had to be supplied and how to produce it. Not surprisingly, this data eruption has created a new industry: high-tech companies that assist law firms in finding, sorting, and delivering electronic data." (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law, Page: 43)
Fortunately, I had better luck and better answers after researching on my own. The answers are legal advice from actual people or lawyers who have answered questions that have been posted in blogs or forums. I thoroughly read all the answers and picked the ones that were most professional and accurate. I based my judgment off of common sense, research, and knowledge that I've gained thus far.

I believe that the thinking process and logic behind the people that posted these answers is that they are experienced photographers who have been in the field for many years and have personally dealt with legal issues and want to pass on their knowledge. It is also possible that the answers came from people who practice law or know a lot about the law and either they truly like to give legal advice or they agreed to answer questions in order to get their name out and gain more clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment